Assault Cases

Advice for victims of violent assault

Your Story - Your Experiences

Never too late to tell.
11/04/2019        Anonymous

Held at knifepoint at building society robbery
20/02/2019        Anonymous

1979 Rule – How is that fair or just?
21/08/2018        Anonymous

More stories

Compensation for violent assault in the UK

If you have been injured as a result of a violent criminal act you may be eligible for compensation. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme allows blameless victims of crime to receive an award for pain, suffering and psychological distress.

To make a claim under the CICA scheme you must have reported the matter to the police and received medical attention for any injury received. However be aware that the CICA do not consider claims for minor injury which may include black eyes, cuts and bruising. Any psychological injury must be supported with appropriate medical evidence. Please also be aware of the strict claim deadlines and 2 year rule.

Many of the applicants we help are victims of mindless violence. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is a situation that can happen to any one of us.

It is important that anyone making a claim under the CICA scheme was not involved in either causing the incident (for example a fight) that led to the injury or otherwise contributed to their injuries by failing to safeguard themselves.

A vast number of the cases we deal with involve assaults that are alcohol induced. Whatever the circumstances behind your own injury – if you have been assaulted – you may be entitled to compensation under the scheme. The CICA also deal with claims for domestic violence compensation.

If your child has been attacked by another child you may be able to claim compensation for the assault. Call us now and we will advise you about your claim and look at the prospects of receiving compensation.

Make an enquiry with us and find out now what your rights are and how much you may be entitled to receive in compensation. We can also assist you if your enquiry relates to sexual assault compensation.

If preferred – contact us directly by email or phone 


Read why you might need a Personal Injury Trust if you make a claim or criminal compensation whilst on benefits.

ARE YOU A FOOTBALLER WHO SUFFERED ABUSE? Reports have emerged linking professional clubs to ex-players who were abused by coaching staff. More here on our dedicated football abuse compensation page

Call us to discuss your case today – 01423 593 002 or complete our enquiry form

Rejected CICA claims

If your claim has been rejected by the CICA .you may wish to speak to us about representation during any review or appeal.


RAPE VICTIM COMPENSATION CLAIM? You may wish to calculate your potential rape victim compensation to have an understanding of your entitlement.

Contact us today for an immediate review of your particular case.


Obtain rightful compensation for your criminal injury by clicking here